Macy’s Shop For A Cause:
We’re super excited to let you know that we’re part of an amazing campaign called the Macy’s Shop for a Cause Charity Challenge. Since 2006, Macy’s Shop For A Cause event has partnered with schools and non-profit organizations nationwide to raise more than $47 million for their ongoing charitable efforts. This year $300,000 in prize money is up for grabs for local charities across the country, and we need your help to take advantage of this awesome opportunity.
We’re looking for our supporters to give as much as they can so we can win the grand prize of $100,000. Plus, there will be opportunities to win weekly Bonus Challenges throughout the Challenge.
To help us hit the ground running, please visit:
New Shopper Bonus!
New friends who join by 7/15 and shop by 7/31 will enable AVI to receive a $5 referral bonus.
Then, every time you shop at any of the 1,700+ online stores in the iGive network, a portion of the money you spend benefits Association for the Visually Impaired. It’s a free service, and you’ll never pay more when you reach a store through iGive. In fact, smart shoppers will enjoy iGive’s repository of coupons, free shipping deals, and sales. To get started, just create your free iGive account.
Create your free iGive account. After that, all you need do is shop through the iGive.com website, newsletters, or install the optional iGive Button* to make sure you never miss an opportunity to raise money when you shop online. It’s all automatic, and it’s all free of charge. iGive lets you control your membership information with a private password. You can review your store visits and purchase/donation history, and confirm the total amount raised and distributed to your cause. iGive values your privacy and will never release shopper information without consent. And there are no hidden fees or extra costs when you shop through iGive.
Another easy way to donate to AVI is through smile.amazon.com. By designating Association for the Visually Impaired Spring Valley NY as your charity of choice on the smile.amazon.com website you can help provide funding for the programs that AVI offers. Amazon will donate .5% of the price of eligible amazon.smile purchases to AVI. Go to the link below and select the Association for the Visually Impaired Spring Valley NY as your charity.
What does AVI do?
We help blind and visually impaired children and adults function to their fullest potential.
How does AVI help?
- By providing training to children in their homes or pre-schools thereby laying the foundation for independence in adulthood.
- By aiding working people who develop a visual disability to stay employed.
- By teaching adults the skills they need to remain independent in their homes and community.
- By assisting individuals with visual disabilities who are interested in working with their job search.
- By providing blind and visually impaired individuals with escort services and transportation to medical appointments as necessary.
What can you do to help?
You can support AVI:
- Make a Cash Donation
- Make a Tax Deferred Gift
- Support an Event
- In a recent survey it was determined that almost 85% of all Americans never make a will bequest or planned gift to a charity. When asked “why?”, the most frequently given answer was, “nobody asked me!” We don’t want to be guilty of not asking. Help us build our endowment fund so that we can secure the future of AVI for years to come. All gifts to AVI are tax-deductible.